Date(s) - 01/23/2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This is a series of classes at the beginner level for the “home herbalist” in order to have an understanding of how to work with plants to support yourself through natural remedies that can be made by you in your own home using simple herbal preparations.
In this series you’ll get an overview and history of herbal medicine, build your own herbal compendium and gain an understanding of plants through their botanical families as well as a plant walk in the late spring to identify some of the plants we’ll be working with.
In this ongoing series you’ll be able to:
- Create simple herbal remedies for winter support
- Create solutions to skin problems by making salves and oils
- Create compresses and poultices
- Create a first aid kit
- We’ll discuss the nervous system, urinary system, respiratory system, hormonal system etc
- We’ll cover aromatherapy using essential oils, dream pillows, creating sprays for smudging, aura clearing etc
- You’ll have homework assignments to complete as homework
- You’ll build your own materia medica through the selected herbs you receive.
- You’ll learn how to select your herbs, why it’s important to use the correct parts in your medicine making and so much more.
Our first class starts on January 23rd at 6pm – 8pm. We’ll be covering the following:
- The history of Herbal Medicine making
- When to use Herbs over allopathic medicine
- Choosing the right herbal preparation works best for the issue at hand
- What’s in a name…the botanical breakdown of herbs
- Checking the quality of the herbs you’re using
- Shelf life/labels
- Where to get your herbs
- Herbal preparations 101: Teas & Infusions as medicines
Each lesson will be announced prior to class, you will receive all the materials, including handouts, for the class the day of class. Class will be held every other Wednesday starting of January 23rd, the fee will be dependent on what the materials needed for class. This class is $35.
Location: Medford, address to be disclosed upon registration
Bookings are closed for this event.